The junkyard is a place where you can go to buy and sell used and new gear and list legal “greenzone” real-estate.
It’s included in all the Brokendabs courses memberships and is also available as a seperate membership for $10/month.
We are charging a price for this option because we would like for this place to be a safe/vetted area where people can feel more comfortable sharing their email or phone number. We also do not want to see anything illegal posted. So please be respectful
What is Short Path Distillation
In this section I lightly go over the following things just to lay a bit of a foundation.
- Enemies of organic matter: Heat, Oxygen, Time, PH.
- Overcoming most of those with high vacuum.
- Types of flow in a system and how Gl connections can cause issues.
- Stir bar speeds and how it helps with distillation.
In this section I list all the common fractions and I explain them.
- Definition of crude oil in this industry.
- Explanation between 3 main types of crude. Hydrocarbon, Polar, Co2.
- Deeper understanding of the differences between types of crude.
- Examples of why one might be better or worse than the other.
- Their common uses: Pesticide remediation, Color remediation, Filtering.
- I share a few ways that I use “bleaching clays” .
- I go into how I use filtering powders for holding powders back
- How filtering powders may be of benefit when filtering winterized crude.
- How they are commonly used and why.
- Filter paper pore size and temperature.
- Procedures for ethanol, isopropyl and acetone winterization.
- What equipment can be used for solvent removal.
- How to figure out the ideal temps and speed of your roto.
- Chiller temps for your roto.
- Roto water bath alternatives and improvements.
- Overview of falling film.
- What the hell is decarboxylation.
- My favorite way to decarb.
- Magnesium oxide(MgO) and how to use it.
- Benefit of using MgO correctly.
- How to prevent a huge mess when decarbing under vacuum.
- How to setup and prevent major failures
- An overview of the process
- Rules to follow
- Example of yield for first pass.
I go deep and lay down everything I know.
It’s a step by step process that you can follow to make high quality distillate with minimum degradation and isomerization.
Second Pass Understanding
- What is a second pass used for
- How to think when setting up for a second pass.
- Why wide bore and vac depth matters
Running Second Pass
I go into how I set up for second pass and how I make sure everything everything is clean and ready to go.
Then I get into running the second pass in a step by step way. I include hot condenser tech.
I also have some rules to follow.
- How to clean your shit up after a run!
- Things you need to have on hand to be ready.
- Detailed process on what I do to clean everything up quickly and safely.
Making Your Distillate Formula
- Terps and additives!
- What to use and not to use.
- How to achieve a proper mixture.
- Description of the simple hand method I use.
- Will probably add machine reviews as I learn more about them.
- LOTS of info on how I think about system design when it comes to short path.
- I talk about flasks, stir bars, thermowells, heads, condensers and cold traps, pumps
- Crazy concepts that I have that and might work.
Tips and Tricks
- Tips and tricks that i’ve learned along the way.